HIFU (High-Intensity Micro-Focused Ultrasound) Ultherapy is an FDA-approved, non-surgical and is the safe go-to alternative for anyone looking to undergo plastic surgery. Further to being safe and effective, the non-invasive ultrasound treatment can lift and tighten facial skin as well as the muscle without downtime.
This is the only machine that passes the surface of our skin, the dermis and works underneath the surface to reach the deeper layer of our skin, the hypodermis. With directly focused soundwaves the hypodermis is gently heated and stimulated thereby encouraging collagen production which tightens, lifts and rejuvenates your face and neck.
Fine Lines And Wrinkles
How It Works
- HIFU directly delivers low levels of focused heat to just the right depth below the skin, the subcutaneous tissue (SMAS layer). This stimulates the growth of new collagen cells and subsequently results in a gradual tightening and firming of the skin, a natural looking lift to the face. HIFU adopts focused ultrasound to produce 68-72C heat which penetrates deep into the skin to immediately shrink collagen and fibrous layer, the energy created will stimulate new growth of collagen production.
- Increased Cell regeneration which helps improve scarring
- Improved blood circulation which provides the glowing skin and hydrated
- Increased collagen production leaves the face plumper and lifted
- Skin rejuvenation
- Smoother skin texture and even skin tone
How long does each session last?
Each treatment session lasts 30-45 minutes. This does not include a personal Consultation session with takes around 15-20 minutes.
How many treatments do I need?
Smooth You recommends a course 1-2 treatments per area with 6 months between each treated area. This is dependent on age, skin type and condition.
When do I see results?
The results will appear progressively with 1-6 months.
Is it painful?
This is non-surgical, non-invasive treatment and is pain-free. It is comfortable and effective facial to give you a natural facelift. The heat that is produced does not stay on the epidermis, but penetrates into the SMAS layer. Therefore, during the treatment there will be a warm feel along with slight pins and needles feeling. The pins and needles and heat on the face will disappear within a few hours.
Is it painful?
This is non-surgical, non-invasive treatment and is pain-free. It is a very pleasant facial to keep your skin healthy.
What is the recovery time?
There is no downtime, you can return to your daily schedule straight after your treatment.
Do I receive any aftercare advice?
Smooth You takes your skins wellness seriously so after each treatment, an Aftercare Advice Leaflet will be provided to ensure that you are well-educated and informed about your skin.