Half of women experience hair loss by the time they hit 50, according to the North American Hair Research Society. “There are three stages that hair goes through—a growth phase, a transition phase, and a resting phase,” explains Shani Francis, MD, a dermatologist at the University of Chicago who specializes in hair disorders. As you get older, your hair spends more time in the last cycle, which means you’re shedding hair faster than it’s growing back in.
Unlike male hair loss, which usually starts as a receding hairline and thinning crown, female hair loss occurs as a gradual thinning all over your scalp. “You may not even notice it coming out in the shower or in your brush—it’s just that over time, more of your scalp becomes visible,” notes Debra Jaliman, MD, a dermatologist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
How It Works
In 1964, Professor Andre Mester discovered that diode laser (also called low-level laser) can penetrates the surface of the skin with no heating effect, no damage to the skin and no known negative side effects to accelerate hair growth and thickening of hair in the treated areas.
Light therapy is a scientific approach to treating hair loss, which combines the latest technology in cosmetic light energy with a program of hair care products. While newer in the US, Light therapy has been used throughout Europe, Russia, Israel and other countries for over a decade to treat hair loss in both men and women. To achieve maximum benefit from this therapy, it is important that clients adhere to the prescribed regimen and treatment protocols. The treatment program is for clients whose goal is to stop the progression of their hair loss and create the healthiest environment in which hair can re-grow. A strict regimen of treatments should be adhered to for maximum results. For best results, following the first 12 months of treatment, clients should continue to care for their hair using professional hair care products .
- Increased elastin production by up to 73% – the skin will look younger, tighter and brighter
- Increased blood circulation by up to 35% – the cells will be more nourished so skin complexion brighter and healthier
- Increased collagen production by up to 60% – the face will glow, look fresher and more relaxed
- Boosts cell renewal by 30 to 40%
- Reduced acne and blemishes – the facial cells regenerate faster, eliminating imperfections and smoothening your skin
- Toned and sculpted jaw line – lifting it up and making it look tighter and firmer
- Younger looking skin
- Eye revitalization
- Skin Hydration
- Improves your facial tone and firmness – lifts your sagging jowls and gets rid of your wrinkles, giving you a younger, more relaxed look
- Strengthens your facial muscles – makes your face look toned, firm and hydrated, eliminating puffiness
- Increases your skin elasticity – increases production of collagen by up to 60% and elastin by up to 73%
- Increases cell permeability by up to 30% to 40%
How long does each session last?
One CACI treatment lasts about 1 hour
How many treatments do I need?
For best results, Smooth You recommends a series of up to *12-15 treatments. This should be followed by quarterly sessions to maintain the results.
When do I see results?
How long does it last?
What is the recovery time?
With no recovery time needed. The treatment is completely painless and non-invasive.
Agi was extremely thorough, pleasant and informative. She explained everything throughout and made me feel extremely relaxed and comfortable during a treatment that can be a little awkward! Great member of staff!!! Thank you!!
I was really impressed from start to finish. Smooth You was easy to find, and the shop front was very bright and welcoming. Sophie came to collect me from the front introducing herself listened and basically tenderied to my needs. I really enjoyed my treatment particularly the head massage which I was a little wary of and the facial was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.